Wednesday 11 March 2009

Even though Daisy very kindly tidied out my greenhouse a couple of weekends ago, even though I had already put the soil in the pots and trays, and even though I had stocked up on new seed packets last month, I still hadn't got round to sowing any seeds.

So after visiting Alison's new greenhouse this afternoon I knew I had to make a special effort to get on with it. But as I explained to Alison, I associated time by myself, sowing seeds in the greenhouse with a nice glass of wine.

As it turns out, my memory must be playing tricks with me because by the time it was appropriate to have a glass of wine it was also pitch black outside! But I decided to go out and sow some seeds anyway (with my glass of wine) because I knew I'd just end up leaving it too late in the season to grow anything.

(those little pots now have pea seeds in and the wine glass is now empty)

I managed to sow about 25 sweetcorn kernels, 20+ peas and a full packet of sweet peas - I just hope they grow!

And so that this is definitely an "allotment" post, I'll leave you with this aerial photo of my plot courtesy of Google Earth.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! I have just discovered your lottie blog ! What a good idea.. i might start a separate one for mine, for record keeping purposes as I always try to keep a diary but it never seems to work as I don't really keep up with it. I don't know what it is about blogging which compells one to record things ... perhaps the thought that someone is listening ... ? Thanks for the inspriation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarrely i can read your latest post from bloglines, but not here ... we have raised beds too (though look quite sunken at the mo), I think they help you keep 'on top' if you can't get there every day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seeds ready to sow, now we know we actually have an allotment ... I've been up ther this morning laying out the beds and stomping out some paths - still lots to do but at least it's a start, right?

    ReplyDelete